AMS - Alarm
Alarm Management, Paging to Email Conversion, Message Logging Database
AMS parses paging messages, logging data and billing data into a database for long term storage and historical reference. Flexible filters allow the operator to define criteria for logging information into the database. Once information is in the database, operators can develop custom reports and applications.
can be defined to suppresses nuisance alarms and highlight critical events
that need immediate attention. The system can escalate and forward important
messages to "off network" and local pagers, cell phones, email, etc.
The GL3000 is a great paging and control switch but it does not provide a long term message data storage or alarm management capability.
AMS allows operators to fill this important gap. AMS captures various Glenayre data feeds (end user pager messages, status messages, alarms, billing records, etc). Messages are captured, parsed and then processed in a flexible manner that gives the operator many options. Some examples include:
Plays WAVE Files:
Plays Audible Sounds and Messages to draw attention to critical alarms and system messages. AMS can make printer sounds which make it a paperless replacement for the traditional alarm printer. It can also options to continue the pop messages and sounds until an operator acknowledged an important event.
Displays Message on User Definable Display Screens:
Messages are filtered into user selectable windows so that important alarms are never "covered up" by tons of non important events. Display classes include: Trivial, Normal, and Critical.
Log To File:
- AMS parses messages into user selectable log files. Finally the system operator can design their own user friendly file names. Each filter can have common or separate file names. Define generic (Low, Medium, High Priority) or application specific names for Alarm Logs, Billing Logs, Database Records, etc.
- Forwards paging messages and alarms to local and “off net” paging systems.
- Forwards paging messages and alarms to email addresses. This powerful capability expands the capability of the entire system.
- Identifies records that are creating excessive traffic and system delays, then automatically disable the offending subscriber record(s). Finally system operators have the management capability to control system delays.
Log To Database:
- Writes paging messages and alarms to an external database. Once we have this valuable information in a standardized database the possibilities are almost endless.
Hospitals often demand that operators log and provide easy access to messages that go to the pagers. They often want the input time, output time, input trunk / data feed ID as well as the actual paging message.
AMS provides a flexible platform for logging the end user messages into a database than can be used for long term storage and other custom applications.
AMS can be the important application in your centralized alarm system. It can consolidate alarms from multiple systems and provide one power interface for control and alert management.
Alarm Management System (AMS) has a Client-Server architecture with flexible filtering rules which provides a powerful data management system. At the heart of AMS is a power server based RegEx parsing / rules engine.
AMS Clients communicate to the server over TCP in order to allow efficient and flexible connectivity opportunities.
There can be unlimited clients and each one can be tailored to meet the users unique configuration requirements.
RSC is designed by seasoned engineers that use the product to maintain and enhance wireless products on a day to day basis. The design incorporates many expansion capabilities and has numerous companion products that continue to add additional functionality.
Simply stated, AMS is a reliable, cost effective product that reduces costs and enhances system reliability and functionality. The support for AMS is second to none.
Want to learn more ? Click here --> Email us today for a free demo or for more information